[m-dev.] for review: clean up declarative debugger

Mark Anthony BROWN dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Apr 29 16:18:16 AEST 1999

Fergus Henderson writes:

> On 26-Apr-1999, Mark Anthony BROWN <dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > +:- type mercury_edt == c_pointer.
>
> You should use a no-tag type rather than an equivalence type:

Ok.

> > +:- type declarative_bug(T)		% <= evaluation_tree(T)
> > +	--->	not_found
> > +			%
> > +			% An EDT whose root node is erroneous but
> > +			% all children are correct.
> > +			%
> > +	;	e_bug(T).
>
> It took me a while to realize that the comment was supposed to apply
> to e_bug/1 rather than to not_found/0.  I suggest changing the layout
> (e.g. by adding a blank line after `not_found', and perhaps unindenting
> the comment one tab) and/or clarifying the comment.

Ok, I've unindented it by one tab, and clarified the comment.  I should
point out, though, that the coding style specifies that comments
_precede_ the code to which they refer.  If you found the above
confusing, it is partly because we have not consistently adhered
to that standard.

> > diff -u -r1.1 declarative_oracle.m

> You might want to consider making that interface a typeclass too.

Good idea.  I'll make it part of a separate change, though.

Cheers,
Mark.

--
Mark Brown  (dougl at cs.mu.oz.au)       )O+   |  For Microsoft to win,
MEngSc student,                             |  the customer must lose