[m-dev.] for review: add readline support to mdb

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Apr 4 04:09:14 AEST 1999

On 22-Mar-1999, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Readline is not exactly uncommon, I would expect it to be installed
> already on any system that has built their own gdb or bash for instance.

I did a quick poll of seven systems, in particular all the ones that
we install Mercury on (munta, murlibobo, hydra, quicksilver, kryten,
taifun, and Cygwin).  I got the following results:

    - 3 systems had readline libs and headers installed in easy-to-find places
	(a) libs and headers installed in a standard location that is
	    searched by default:
		Cygwin
	(b) libs and headers installed in /usr/local:
		taifun, murlibobo

    - 2 systems had readline libs and headers installed in hard-to-find places
	(c) libs and headers installed in /usr/local/contrib:
		munta, kryten

    - 2 systems did not have readline libs and headers installed
	(d) shared lib only (installed in /usr/local):
		hydra
	(e) not installed at all:
		quicksilver