[m-dev.] for review: bugfix for exist_q_vars bound to head tvars

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Sep 24 16:38:00 AEST 1998

On 24-Sep-1998, David Glen JEFFERY <dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
>  typecheck_info_get_final_info(TypeCheckInfo, OldExistQVars, NewTypeVarSet,
> +                OldHeadTypeParams, NewHeadTypeParams, NewVarTypes,
> +                NewTypeConstraints, NewConstraintProofs, TSubst,
> +                ExistTypeRenaming) :-

How about putting all the Old* parameters before all of the New* ones?

Also, if you're changing the parameter order, then I would put
the OldHeadTypeParams (which are basically just the universally typed
vars) before OldExistQVars (the existentially typed vars).  That's just
for consistency with elsewhere, e.g. the order of arguments for the
constraints/2 functor -- I've tended to put universal constraints and
quantifiers before existential constraints and quantifiers.

>  % We rename any existentially quantified type variables which
>  % get mapped to other type variables.
>  %

That comment should be updated.

Could you post another diff please?