[m-dev.] for review: introduction of two new directories

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Sep 24 16:54:42 AEST 1998

On 24-Sep-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> The introduction of two new directories, each containing a new library,
> requires significant changes to the Mmakefiles in the various directories.
> I think it would be a good idea for these changes to be reviewed by Fergus
> and Tyson independently of the other changes in my next commit.
>
> I don't know if these changes require any corresponding changes in the bindist
> directory, since the structure of the *installed* directories doesn't change.
> However, bindist/Mmakefile could stand a cleanup, particularly wrt the samples
> and extras directories.

The change itself looks OK.  I'm worried that dynamic linking might be
a problem -- it might be worth testing it (a dynamically linked program
with tracing, that is).

--
       Tyson Dowd           # There isn't any reason why Linux can't be
                            # implemented as an enterprise computing solution.