[m-dev.] for review: new release scheme.

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Sep 15 11:54:17 AEST 1998

On 15-Sep-1998, Peter Ross <petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 09-Sep-1998, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's the new release scheme.
> >
> > Could someone look at this carefully?  It's a bit difficult to test.

> > Estimated hours taken: 1.5
> >
> > Change the release tar.gz file generation scheme.
> >
> > We now generate:
> > 	mercury-compiler-rotd-YYYY-MM-DD-unstable.tar.gz
> > 	mercury-extras-rotd-YYYY-MM-DD-unstable.tar.gz
> > 	mercury-tests-rotd-YYYY-MM-DD-unstable.tar.gz
> > each night if we bootstrap, even if we don't pass the tests.
> >
> > If we pass the tests, we generate:
> > 	mercury-compiler-rotd-YYYY-MM-DD.tar.gz
> > 	mercury-extras-rotd-YYYY-MM-DD.tar.gz
> > 	mercury-tests-rotd-YYYY-MM-DD.tar.gz
> >
> > And for numbered releases we create:
> > 	mercury-compiler-0.8.tar.gz
> > 	mercury-extras-0.8.tar.gz
> > 	mercury-tests-0.8.tar.gz
> >
> Should update the page rotd.html in the web site so that it mentions all
> of the above.
>
> Also I think we should add some instructions on how to install the
> files.

Yes.  I was going to wait until it worked correctly until publicizing.

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.     - Benjamin Franklin

Tyson Dowd   <tyson at tyse.net>   http://tyse.net