errors in the boehm_gc

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Sep 1 09:27:11 AEST 1998

On 01-Sep-1998, Thomas Charles CONWAY <conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> I'm getting the following errors (both on kryten and hydra) using unmodified
> uptodate sources:
> ptr_chck.c: In function `GC_is_visible':
> ptr_chck.c:251: `GC_bool' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> It appears that the definition of GC_bool which is in include/private/gc_priv.h
> is not being found.

This one should be fixed now.

The error was actually caused by a CVS problem.  I did a `cvs import'
to imports the new version 4.13alpha2 onto a vendor branch (1.1.1).  I
expected that this would not affect the main branch.  And for files
we have changed, `cvs update -A' was indeed picking up the existing
versions (e.g. 1.3, etc.).  However, for files which we have not
changed, i.e. those which have revision 1.1, `cvs update -A' was picking
up the new version from the vendor branch (presumably because 1.1.1.x > 1.1).
This meant that it got the old version of e.g. boehm_gc/gc_priv.h but
the new version of e.g. ptr_chck.c and boehm_gc/include/private/gc_priv.h.
Since this was an incoherent mix of files from two different versions,
it naturally got compile errors.

Anyway, I have since merged in the changes and committed them,
so the problem should be solved -- at least for this time.