[m-dev.] Re: for review: term browser (version one)

Peter Schachte pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Oct 18 12:08:48 AEST 1998

On Fri, Oct 16, 1998 at 05:02:09PM +1000, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> On 16-Oct-1998, Bert THOMPSON <aet at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:
> > |"XXX" is supposed to indicate something that should be done,
> > |rather than merely something that could be done.
> >
> > What then should be used to indicate possible improvements?
>
> Just ordinary comments without any special indicator?

How about an entry in the TODO file?  Maybe with a pointer to the
place where the extension would be implemented.

I think Bert's right that it's better not to lose ideas for
improvements/extensions, as will tend to happen to a few unmarked
comments in many megabytes of source code.

Actually, I kind of liked Bert's more X's means more important scheme,
except that it's not backward compatible.

--
Peter Schachte                | People call me feminist whenever I express
mailto:pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU       | sentiments that differentiate me from a