Problem with mkinit after zs's library/browser changes?

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Oct 1 14:38:18 AEST 1998

On 01-Oct-1998, Warwick Harvey <wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au> wrote:
> I'm amazed this one made it past the installation tests...
> Hello world program (source below) in hello.m:
> c2init --grade asm_fast.gc       hello.c > hello_init.c
> mkinit: error opening file `/home/mercury/public/.a/lib/mercury/modules/libmercury.init': No such file or directory
> mkinit: error opening file `/home/mercury/public/.a/lib/mercury/modules/runtime.init': No such file or directory

That happened because it doesn't affect the compiler;
it only affects user programs.  It was indeed detected by the
nightly tests, but only *after* the compiler was installed.

I've just committed a fix, so the problem should be fixed in a couple of
days.

In the meantime, as a work-around, you can do the following
(sh syntax; (t)csh users adjust accordingly):

	MERCURY_MOD_LIB_MODS=`echo /home/mercury/public/mercury-latest/alpha-dec-osf3.2/lib/mercury/modules/mer*.init`
	export MERCURY_MOD_LIB_MODS