[m-dev.] for review: add promise_only_solution/1 to std_util.m

Peter Schachte pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Nov 6 12:32:00 AEDT 1998

> +:- func promise_only_solution(pred(T)) = T.
> +:- mode promise_only_solution(pred(out) is cc_multi) = out is det.
> +:- mode promise_only_solution(pred(out) is cc_nondet) = out is semidet.

To be complete, shouldn't there be versions of promise_only_solution
for nondet and multi preds as well?  I know the implementation has to
be completely different, and so this is difficult to do, but it seems
worth at least documenting this restriction in the current
implementation.

--
Peter Schachte                | The greater part of our happiness depends on
mailto:pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU       | our dispositions and not on our