[m-dev.] for review: document pragma import & nondet pragma c_code

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 5 17:57:46 AEDT 1998

On 05-Nov-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> > The compiler actually allows either `shared_code' or `duplicate_code'
> > as alternatives to `common_code' -- `shared_code' results in smaller
> > code, `duplicate_code' results in faster but larger code, while with
> > `common_code' the compiler does its best to make the appropriate
> > time-space trade-off.  Is it worth documenting this?
>
> It must be documented, because it affects the semantics of any "static"
> declarations in the C code; you don't want such declarations to be duplicated
> by the compiler without the user's consent.

Well, except that we already duplicate such code without the users
consent in normal C Code that is inlined.

--

Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking
about my work.

Tyson Dowd   <tyson at tyse.net>   http://tyse.net/tyson