[m-dev.] for review: update WORK_IN_PROGRESS file

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 5 19:53:55 AEDT 1998

On 31-Oct-1998, Simon Taylor <stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> > How about the following?
> >
> >  | * Mercury is now the official programming language for Melbourne Uni's
> >  |   "Aditi" deductive database system.  The Mercury compiler includes
> >  |   support for interfacing to Aditi.  However Aditi itself is not yet
> >  |   complete and has not yet been made publicly available.
>
> Maybe "A development version of the Mercury compiler includes ...",
> so users don't go looking for documentation in the distribution.

Saying "A development version..." would be a bit misleading.
In addition, that stuff is already in the section labelled

	The compiler contains some code for the following features,
	which are not yet completed, but which we hope to complete
	at some time in the future:

and saying "A development version..." would contradict that, leaving
readers confused.

So instead, I've added the following:

	(The Aditi support is documented in doc/reference_manual.texi,
	but for now that documentation is commented out -- it's not
	included in the formatted versions of the reference manual,
	only in the TexInfo source code.)