for review: stack dumps.

Andrew Bromage bromage at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 4 13:18:08 AEDT 1998

G'day all.

Tyson Dowd wrote:

> > Adding a new grade is not that hard.
>
> Yes, but I wonder whether a debugging grade that includes a low-impact
> execution trace (turned off with a global flag by default) and stack
> traces would be a better way to do it.  Or it would probably be possible
> to merge stack traces with profiling too.

I agree with this assessment.  As the only person who still seems to use
the debug grade still, I find that after a stack dump, then I need to do
an execution trace (in the case of the compiler, Sicstus does the job),
then I need another stack dump...

Having this stuff in one grade (a sort of lightweight debug grade) would
help a lot.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage