[m-dev.] for review: workaround for the large term problem in the debugger

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Fri Jun 12 18:42:57 AEST 1998

Zoltan Somogyi wrote:

> Tyson, please check this.
>
> runtime/mercury_trace_internal.c:
>         Separate the functionality of the old 'p'" command into two parts.
>         The new 'v' command lists the live variables, giving a number to each.
>         The new 'p' command takes an argument. If this argument is a number,
>         it prints the variable with that number in the list produced by 'v'.
>         If this argument is '*', it prints all variables.

Well, I have implemented the same sort of things in
mercury_trace_external.c. (variable name retrieval, printing just one
argument).
Maybe we should rather put common stuff in mercury_trace_util.c and
write procedures in such way that we can both use it (read "you should
write procedures in such a way that I can use it" :-)).

For example, MR_trace_list_vars should produce a list of string of the
name of the variable instead of directly printing them (so I can send
the list to the Opium process). Of course, I can also duplicate your
code and adapt it to my own need , but I'am not sure that's the way to
go.

--
R1.