[m-dev.] For review: Add implementation of reference types (global heap)

Peter Schachte pets at students.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jun 9 17:31:44 AEST 1998

Hi Warwick,

One thing I forgot to mention last time:  I think the permanent copy
functions (whatever they're called now) should be documented somewhere.
They could be quite generally useful (notwithstanding the problems with
accurate garbage collection).  I don't know what the right place is for such
documentation, though.  This seems like it could be viewed as an extension
of the C interface, so maybe that's the place to document it.  Fergus?

-Peter Schachte               | Yesterday upon the stair I met a man who
mailto:pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU       | wasn't there. He wasn't there again today
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~pets/ |     -- I think he's from the CIA.
PGP: finger pets at 128.250.37.3 |