[m-dev.] proposed command set for the internal trace based debugger

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Wed Jun 3 16:37:24 AEST 1998

Fergus Henderson wrote:

> This is all work, though.  In the long term I would like us to aim for
> supporting break points (and stepping through code) in a similar manner
> to imperative language debuggers.  But in the short term we won't
> support the "break <line-number>" command.

Well, I need the line number in order to retrieve the argument source
names (to know the variable of which clause head I should display).

So I wrote code yesterday to generate a table containing (1) the
predicate name (2) the goal path and (3) the line number; that way, from
the goal path and the predicate name, I can find out the line number of
the corresponding event.

But now it is done, I wonder if it wasn't simpler to just add a slot to
MR_trace() for the line number.

--
R1.