Seminar Tuesday 28 July, 5pm

Bart Demoen bartd at cs.monash.edu.au
Mon Jul 27 13:48:26 AEST 1998

> This week's speaker is a guest speaker: Bart Demoen, who will be talking
> some more about the CAT (Copying Approach to Tabling) in XSB Prolog

A somewhat loose wording of the real content :-)

I will describe CHAT (to be pronounced in French !)
CHAT offers a way of freezing heap and local stack a la SLGWAM (say XSB)
>without< freeze registers. It cooperates with the CAT principle.
It remedies somewhat - but not completely - the bad behaviour of CAT.

This work is described in a paper that will be presented at the
Workshop on Principles of Abstract Machines WPAM (Pisa, Sept 1998).

I will also describe a technique for further manipulating Prolog
choice points which allows to obtain with CHAT the same complexity as
SLGWAM.

Papers can be found in http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~bmd/pubs

Bart