[m-dev.] server mercury.cs.mu.oz.au rejected access

Tyson Dowd trd at stimpy.cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Jul 21 18:02:15 AEST 1998

On 21-Jul-1998, Erwan Jahier <Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr> wrote:
> Tyson Dowd wrote:
>
> > Hydra is configured to do remote CVS.
> >
> > There are logs of you connecting:
> >         Jul 21 02:08:36 hydra cvs[18714]: connect from hcand.irisa.fr
> >
> > So it appears that perhaps CVS is kicking you out -- perhaps your
> > password isn't the right one -- check your .cvspass file in your
> > home directory.  Perhaps you should try "cvs login" again.
>
> Well, I've just tried "cvs login":
>
> | hcand[9:13]%cvs login
> | (Logging in to jahier at hydra.cs.mu.oz.au)
> | CVS password:
> | cvs [login aborted]: incorrect password
>
> | hcand[9:18]%cvs login
> | (Logging in to jahier at mercury.cs.mu.oz.au)
> | CVS password:
> | cvs [login aborted]: incorrect password
>
> Could my password have expired or something like that ?

No, I don't think so.

There are two possibilities I can think of:

1. You are using an old/wrong path to the repository.

What is your CVSROOT set to exactly?

2. Your account on hydra is somehow messed up -- /home/guest wasn't
mounted properly on hydra (probably due to the system changes we've
had at our end), so I've fixed that up.  There may be other problems...

Can you rlogin to hydra?

--
       Tyson Dowd           # "Bill Gates is a white persian cat and a monocle
                            # away from becoming another James Bond villan."