pbs to run programs under the external debugger

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Wed Jul 15 19:46:43 AEST 1998

Hello.

I'am trying to make my stuff working on a *rontla* (release of not too
long ago).

Note: My stuff is working with a 2 months ago release and my changes
never conflict with any other change you made those last 2 months.

Everything is (now) compiling ok (the compiler and mercury programs).
The problem is that when I execute programs under *my_mdb* (where my_mdb
~ mdb[-Di/-De]), it runs the internal debugger instead of the external
one.

Did you recently change the way options are handled by chance ?

(the option I use to compile programs I want to run under the external
debugger are:  --trace all --cflags "-DMR_USE_EXTERNAL_DEBUGGER -g"
--link-flags -g -lsocket)

Do you have a idea where the problem could come from ?

ps: when that problem is fix, I should probably submit my changes (it is
not the first time I spend time to catch a *rontla* train :-( ).
--
R1.