[m-dev.] For review: Change INSTALL_CVS to use/mention stage 2 directory

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Wed Jul 15 14:59:54 AEST 1998

Fergus writes:
> Just one small comment:
>
> >  touch Mmake.params &&
> >  mmake depend $parallel &&
> >  mmake MMAKEFLAGS=$parallel &&
> > +tools/bootcheck $parallel && cd stage2 &&
> >  mmake install MMAKEFLAGS=$parallel &&
> >  true
>
> I think it would be clearer for the `cd stage2 &&' to either
> go on a line of its own, or to precede the `mmake install',
> rather than following the `tools/bootcheck'.

Yes.  I originally had it on the line with the mmake install, but if you
want to install without bootcheck, you then have to edit the line to remove
the cd.  Putting it on its own line means you have to comment out two lines
instead of just one.

But I agree it looks confusing (or at the very least, bizarre), so I'll
commit the two-line version instead.

Warwick