[m-dev.] diff/for review: changes to runtime for non-gcc C compilers

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 15 20:25:44 AEST 1998

On 15-Jul-1998, Tyson Dowd <trd at stimpy.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> > I could change it to expand to something like
> > `extern int MR_unused_bogus_variable' instead of nothing.
> > But that seemed like a bit of a hack to me.
>
> True.  So long as you're happy with the fact this is likely to happen
> again.

One of the many tasks on my list of things to do is to add
some stuff to the nightly tests to compile Mercury with a non-gcc
C compiler, preferably one as strict as possible (such as lcc).
That should catch these sort of things.