[m-dev.] for review: enhancements to mtags script

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Jul 11 17:24:09 AEST 1998

On 10-Jul-1998, David Matthew Overton <dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> +$help = "\
> +	-e or --emacs
> +		Produce an emacs-style TAGS file.

For consistency with our documentation for other commands,
I suggest you use a comma instead of "or":

	s/ or/,/

Likewise for the -h or --help option below.

> +		`pred': for predicate declarations
> +		`func': for function declarations
> +		`type': for type definitions
> +		`cons': for type constructors
> +		`inst': for inst definitions
> +		`mode': for mode definitions
> +		`tc':   for typeclass declarations
> +		`tci':  for typeclass instance declarations
> +		`tcm':  for typeclass methods
> +		`tcim': for typeclass instance methods
> +
> +		(Vim assumes that the `kind' attribute has at most 4
> +		characters.)
> +
> +	--elvis
> +		Without `--ext', works the same as `--vim' and supports
> +		versions of elvis prior to 2.1.  When used in
> +		conjunction with `--ext', produces an extended tags file
> +		in a format that will work with elvis 2.1+.
> +
> +	--keep-duplicates
> +		By default, mtags removes duplicate tags from the tags
> +		file. With this option, duplicate tags are not removed.
> +		Also, with this option, tags are created for typeclass
> +		instances.  This option is implied by `--emacs' and by
> +		`--ext'.
> +
> +	-h or --help
> +		Dislay this help message and exit.
> +
> +	--
> +		Treat all remaining arguments as source file names.  This is
> +		useful if you have file names starting with `-'.
> +";

All the back quotes need to be prefixed with a backslash.

Otherwise, that change looks fine.