[m-dev.] for review: accumulator.m 2

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jul 3 02:25:41 AEST 1998

On 01-Jul-1998, Peter David ROSS <petdr at students.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> 	%
> 	% This type is threaded through the processing of the compose
> 	% goals.  Its purpose is to help identify whether or not the
> 	% goals as a whole are assocative.
> 	% The Prev Call Map records for the original dynamic var whether
> 	% previous calls have been commutative or not.
> 	%
> :- type rename
> 	--->	rename(
> 			list(var),		% Ys
> 			list(var),		% Y0s
> 			module_info,
> 			set(var),		% Static vars.
> 			set(var),		% Dynamic vars
> 			multi_map(var, var),	% Original Var map
> 			map(var, commutative)	% Prev call map
> 		).

The meaning of the Prev Call Map is still a bit mysterious.
Which previous calls do you mean?
Does it record whether *all* previous calls have been commutative
or whether just *some* previous calls were commutative?

> 	%
> 	% Package all the types into one structure so that I don't have
> 	% to individually pass each of these as a seperate argument in
> 	% some of the predicates where they are threaded through.
> 	%
> :- type package
> 	--->	pack(
> 			proc_id,
> 			proc_info,
> 			pred_id,
> 			pred_info,
> 			module_info
> 		).

It might be better to call the type and functor `proc_pred_module_info'
rather than `package' and `pack'.

... to be continued.