diff: bug fix for quantification problem

Andrew Bromage bromage at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jan 23 08:54:40 AEDT 1998

G'day.

This is not a criticism of Fergus' diff, more a question.

Fergus Henderson wrote:

> compiler/quantification.m:
> 	Fix a problem where the use of explicit quantifiers lead to
> 	spurious warnings about unbound type variables, by deleting
> 	explicit quantifiers during quantification (once the
> 	variables have been renamed apart, the explicit quantifiers
> 	are no longer needed).

Will the explicit qualifiers be needed for --compile-to-prolog, if it
ever gets implemented?  Or are we not really worrying about this aspect
of the translation?

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage