[m-dev.] Re: Documentation of support for polymorphic pragma c code

Oliver Hutchison ohutch at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Jan 14 15:54:09 AEDT 1998

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> You're probably right that *given the current implementation*
> the second alternative is more elegant, but I think that what
> we should do is to pick the interface that is most elegant,
> and then adapt the implementation to suit that interface,
> rather than adapting the interface to suit the current implementation.

Yes I agree. Coming from an asm programming background I sometimes forget
that the number of lines is not a good benchmark from which to judge
something elegance :-) Also sometimes I get the feeling that some of my
suggestions belong in a programming guide (hint) not the reference manual.

So I guess we will continue with the status quo. Though I think the
additions to the documentation that you suggested would be useful (mainly
to stop other people finding the undocumented way like me!).

		Oliver