[m-dev.] for review: fix for running tests in the term subdirectory

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Jan 1 15:19:44 AEDT 1998

> > Fergus, please review this.
> >
> > tests/Mmake.common:
> > 	Add a new action for removing .trans_opt files.
> >
> > tests/term/Mmakefile:
> > 	Make "mmake clean" depend on the target that removes .trans_opt files.
>
> Hmm, wouldn't it be better to put this in scripts/Mmake.rules
> and/or the *.dep files (which are created by compiler/modules.m),
> and/or change the tests/term/runtests file to do
> `mmake realclean' rather than `mmake clean'?

I thought we decided to keep .trans_opt files for developers only until
we implemented a mechanism that ensures that we do not use out-of-date
information from them.

> > 	Fix the "mmake depend" rule and the make variables on which it depends.
>
> Can you please explain the fix?  What was wrong with them?

They didn't work (didn't create the .dep files), because the "depend" target
did nothing. The substitutions in the make variable definitions lacked the %
signs.

Zoltan.