stack dumps.

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Feb 20 01:02:58 AEDT 1998

On 19-Feb-1998, Tyson Dowd <trd at stimpy.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> I have what appears to be a working version of stack dumps (for the
> det stack, anyway).
>
> I'm now considering where to add them to the library or runtime.
> At the moment, a reasonable place to put it is in require.m, so that
> (if possible) error/1 can give a stack dump. Any other ideas?

If the implementation is C code, not Mercury code, then the runtime
directory is probably a better place.

Also if the code might need to be called from the runtime (as indeed
it might -- on stack overflow), then it will be easier if it is
part of the runtime.  (Calls in the reverse direction need to be
via a pointer, to avoid circular dependencies between the libraries.)