diff: io__read_line_as_string (second round)

Andrew Bromage bromage at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Feb 13 16:14:55 AEDT 1998

G'day.

Fergus Henderson wrote:

I've implemented all your changes, and...

> Our standard layout for type casts is
>
> 		char_code = mercury_getc((MercuryFile *) File);
> 						     ^  ^

I've changed all of the pointer casts in io.m to use this layout.  Might
as well, while we're amending it.

> I think you should add a test case to test reading of long lines.

I think a more appropriate solution would be to add a large comment
to this code to say, "Before changing this, test large lines", and
note that an appropriate way to do this might be to reduce the default
buffer size to something like 16 and reading some normal text files.

> Quite a few changes there, so I guess we should all stay tuned for round 3 ;-)

Coming soon to a mailbox near you.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage