nested modules proposal (was: packages proposal)

Andrew Bromage bromage at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Feb 13 15:25:43 AEDT 1998

G'day all.

Fergus Henderson wrote:

> > This way, the empty module name is sort
> > of the "root module".  However it doesn't work when using "__" as
> > a module qualifier.
>
> Actually it *does* work with "__": you could just write "__m1__m2__foo".

No you can't.  That's a variable.

> > The only part of the
> > compilation process that needs to understand this mapping, of course,
> > is `mmake depend'.
>
> The compiler also needs to know where to find the `.int' file
> when it sees `:- import_module foo', or where to find the parent module's
> `.m' file when a module begins with `:- module foo.bar'.

My point was that the .int files don't necessarily have to bear any
filename relationship with the source file that they come from.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage