[m-dev.] for review: retain aliasing information when merging instmaps of branched goals

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Dec 21 11:43:23 AEDT 1998

On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 01:15:32PM EST, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> > +	% YYY Returned instmaps are completely bogus here.
> > +
> > +inst_merge_3(any(UniqA), any(UniqB), InstMap, InstTable, M, MS, any(Uniq),
> > +		InstMap, InstTable, M, MS) :-
>
> If the returned instmaps are bogus, why return them?

I meant to remove that comment.  The instmaps are no longer
completely bogus.  However, they are also not completely correct
either at this stage -- uniqueness information may be wrong and needs
to be fixed up after `inst_merge' has been called for all non-local
variables.  This is done by `instmap__merge_3'.  I'll add a comment to
explain this.

David
--
David Overton           Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
MEngSc Student          The University of Melbourne, Australia