argument modes

Simon Taylor stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Dec 14 12:31:48 AEDT 1998

> It became obvious that when mode
> checking a call with aliased arguments, the last thing you want to do
> is rename apart all inst_keys used inside the body of the called proc.
> You want to use only those which are declared in the argument modes.

That's fine, but as far as I can see, the inst_table in the argument modes
field of a proc_info is not guaranteed to hold all of the inst_keys occurring
in the argument modes. After mode checking the goal for a procedure the new
final insts are placed in the argument modes, but the inst_table for the
argument modes is not updated with any new inst_keys which could be referenced
by the new final insts. Am I missing something?

Simon.