[m-dev.] diff: pass typeclass-info args to C code

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Aug 21 12:44:50 AEST 1998

On 21-Aug-1998, Andrew Bromage <bromage at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> G'day all.
>
> Tyson Dowd wrote:
>
> > TypeclassInfo_for_<classname>__<var1>_<var2>
> >
> > class1(T1, T2) TypeclassInfo_for_class1__T1_T2
> > class1_T1(T2)  TypeclassInfo_for_class1_T1__T2
> > class1__T1(T2) TypeclassInfo_for_class1__T1__T2
>
> What about class1(T1__T2)?

Even class1(T1_T2) isn't so good.

> I suspect that one symbol (underscore) isn't enough here.
>
> I think this would cover all eventualities:
>
> 	TypeclassInfo_for_<fully-qualified classname>_<arity>__<var1>_<var2>

Nope.  What about

TypeclassInfo_for_class1_2__T1_T2_T3

is that
	class1(T1_T2, T3)
or
	class1(T1, T2_T3)

(note that both might be valid in a pred with a lot of variables).

Perhaps the only solution is to mangle the variable names, expanding
underscores to double underscores, so that separators can be single
underscores.

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.     - Benjamin Franklin

Tyson Dowd   <tyson at tyse.net>   http://tyse.net