[m-dev.] for review: change library to use existential types

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Aug 5 14:21:03 AEST 1998

On 05-Aug-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tyson, can you please review this one?
>
> I will need to wait until Tyson's bug fix for
> existential types in `.int' files has been installed
> on all our machines before committing this one.

Isn't bootstrapping a nightmare.

> --------------------
>
> Change the standard library to use existential types.
>
> library/std_util.m:
> 	Add univ_value/1.
>
> library/term.m:
> library/io.m:
> 	Use existential types rather than unsafe casts and other hacks.

This change seems fine.

--
       Tyson Dowd           # "Bill Gates is a white persian cat and a monocle
                            # away from becoming another James Bond villan."