[m-dev.] diff: fix bug with simplify.m & existential types

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Aug 5 09:07:29 AEST 1998

On 04-Aug-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> compiler/simplify.m:
> 	Fix a bug: it was incorrectly optimizing away calls to
> 	existentially typed predicates if the call had no output
> 	variables.  In such cases, it should not optimize the call
> 	away, since the type_info is output.
>
> 	For the moment I have just disabled the optimization.
> 	The proper fix would be to run polymorphism.m before simplify.m
> 	rather than vice versa.  When we've done that, we can re-enable
> 	this optimization.

Could you supply a test case, please? I'm struggling to imagine what such a
test case would look like.

love and cuddles,
dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) |  Marge: Did you just call everyone "chicken"?
PhD student,                    |  Homer: Noooo.  I swear on this Bible!