little bootstrapping problem.

Tyson Dowd trd at stimpy.cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Aug 4 15:53:34 AEST 1998

The changes I committed today to private_builtin.m won't compile without a
new compiler compiling them -- today's compiler generates base_type_*
for type_info/1, but there is handwritten code for type_info/1 as well.
I've just backed it out for the moment.

What I'm think of to get around this problem is add the hand-written
definitions for base_type_* into the runtime.  Since the runtime it is *a*
library, the symbols won't clash with those in *the* library (linker
will take just the first definition).  But if the library doesn't have
the base_type_* symbols in it (stage 2), then it will get them from the
runtime.  So stage 2 should compile OK.

If anyone can pick holes in that idea, I'd appreciate hearing about
them.

--
       Tyson Dowd           # "Bill Gates is a white persian cat and a monocle
                            # away from becoming another James Bond villan."