[m-dev.] Regular meetings.

Andrew Bromage bromage at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Apr 18 09:49:20 AEST 1998

G'day all.

Mark Anthony BROWN wrote:

> Our current work environment generally achieves this when somebody wanders
> through with a coffee pot -- maybe they've just fixed a tricky bug (or
> found one) -- and they stay for a chat.

That's certainly true in /home/mercury, but I suggest that it's not true
for people in other offices.

Simon doesn't work in the geographical area, Zoltan doesn't drink coffee
when well and so on.  This could also be an excellent opportunity for
directed studies, honours or summer students.

> With that in mind, I propose that the third floor tea room would be a good
> venue.  Using Th 2 will split the people involved into "speaker" out the
> front and "audience" in the seats, which may not promote discussion as
> much as we'd like.  Using the meeting room might seem too much like real
> work ;)

Well we shouldn't shy away from the meeting room.  We have a key, and we
may well be able to claim it back for lack of productivity. :-)

But yes, the tea room looks like a good venue.

> > 	- We could all make fun of Pete on a regular basis.

	- It would be one hour of the week when you're guaranteed to
	  catch Fergus.  (Oops, did I say that?)

Consider this an affirmative vote.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage