[m-dev.] beta-release

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Sep 30 16:03:27 AEST 1997

Zoltan Somogyi, you wrote:

> > I'm planning on announcing a new beta-release to the
> > mercury-announce mailing list.
> >
> > Any comments and/or objections?
>
> Why make a release so soon after 0.7?

Well, the support for constraint solving and backtrackable
destructive update are major new features, and I'd like people
to be able to get their hands on them and give us some feedback.

The fact that the release is so soon after 0.7 actually makes it easier
to make a new release, since we've had less time to introduce new bugs, etc.