beta-release

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at holly.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Sep 30 15:16:14 AEST 1997

Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:

> > I'm planning on announcing a new beta-release to the
> > mercury-announce mailing list.
> >
> > Any comments and/or objections?

>Why make a release so soon after 0.7?

>There are several things in the pipeline (e.g. type classes) that are close
>to being finished. I think we should definitely wait for those.

For 0.8, I agree, but there are enough things ready that it would be
good to let people try them out now. Once typeclasses have been added,
we're going to have to wait for them to stabilize before releasing
again, which might be a matter of months. Which would probably make it
3-4 months between 0.7 and the next release, which is just a little bit
too long IMHO.

Any other HOs?