[m-dev.] Remove CVS access to repository.

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at cs.mu.oz.au
Fri Sep 26 16:27:12 AEST 1997

Fergus Henderson wrote:
> Tyson Richard DOWD, you wrote:
> >
> > We've got a few groups who are going to need access to the CVS archive
> > in the near future, so I've written this quick guide to how to use CVS
> > in client server mode.
>
> That looks fine.  I have one question: is it possible to give
> certain users read-only access to the repository?

Yes. This can be done via two files "readers" and "writers" which
are placed in the CVSROOT directory. They are just lists of login names.
(you can also use this system to allow anonymous access).

However, this feature is only available in new versions of CVS,
cvs-1.9 doesn't have it, but cvs-1.9.16 does.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #          Another great idea from the
                            #            people who brought you