[m-dev.] trailed destructive update for arrays

Peter Schachte pets at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Sep 10 12:01:28 AEST 1997

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've implemented the following module `tr_array.m' for trailed backtrackable
> destructive update on arrays.  I'm planning to put this module in a
> new directory extras/trailed_update.
>
> Comments?

Why put "mui" or "mdi" in the name of each predicate, rather than just
making these different modes of the same predicate?  The "bt" in the module
name already implies these predicates are 'mostly' destructive predicates.

For that matter, why not just add these new modes to the existing
destructive array module?

-Peter Schachte      URL:  http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~pets/
pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU     PGP:  finger pets at 128.250.37.150 for key
    Do insects spend hours demammaling their programs?