[m-dev.] Re: lp_solve distribution (fwd)

Thomas Charles CONWAY conway at cs.mu.oz.au
Fri Oct 10 08:20:39 AEST 1997

Fergus Henderson, you write:
	[message from Michel Berkelaar]

As I recall, lp_solve and the other packages that I took
a look at when I wrote my solver, handle a much larger
class of problems than my solver, which only handles the
most basic formulation of linear programming. On the
other hand, the equations that the termination analyser
produces are of a form that even a simple solver can
handle, so Michel's concern that it is a lot of work
to implement a solver, while true in general, doesn't
apply for our purposes.

Thomas
--
ZZ:wq!
^X^C
Thomas Conway               				      conway at cs.mu.oz.au
AD DEUM ET VINUM	  			      Every sword has two edges.