[m-dev.] diff: start of new stack layouts.

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at cs.mu.oz.au
Mon May 26 13:52:08 AEST 1997

> > + at sp 1
> > + at item @code{--no-stack-layout}
> > +(This option is not intended for general use.)
> > +Don't output stack_layout structures or references to them.
> > +This option will generate smaller executables, but will not allow the
> > +use of the accurate garbage collector.
>
> Hmm, shouldn't `--stack-layout' be disabled by default then?
> If it is only useful for accurate GC, then there is no point
> enabling it when you're using conservative GC.

This isn't entirely true - stack layouts can (eventually) be used to
obtain a stack trace in any grade. But I think I'll handle that
differently.

I think I'll remove the --stack-layout option, since it's a little
problematic at the moment. I'll add something similar some other time,
when I'm sure what it's going to control.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't eveyone's cup of