[m-dev.] Can references to /home/staff/zs/imp be removed? please

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.oz.au
Fri May 9 08:23:15 AEST 1997

> If anybody has some nice ways of getting CVS to
> automatically update all of the Root and Repository files to point to
> the current position of the repository (/home/mercury1/repository),
> could they please tell me.

CVS won't do it, but you can use this script:

#! /bin/sh
# gres - substitute regular expressions
# usage: gres from to file ...

case $# in
        0|1|2) echo 1>&2 Usage: gres from to file ...; exit 1;;
esac
TERMCAP=/etc/termcap; export TERMCAP
from=$1
to=$2
shift; shift
for file in $*
do
        ex - $file << END ; : use ex so that \< \> can be used
        g:${from}:s:${from}:${to}:g
END
done

> 	Due to the fact that /home/staff is inaccessible, i can no
> longer commit anything, because the commitinfo file runs
> /home/staff/zs/imp/CVSROOT/check.pl  which i cant access.  If somebody
> could change this (and the reference to /home/staff/zs/... in loginfo)
> to reference /home/mercury1/repository, I would be most appreciative.

Done.

Zoltan.