[m-dev.] diff: simplify.m bug

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Jun 25 18:21:37 AEST 1997

Simon TAYLOR, you wrote:
> compiler/simplify.m
> 	Fix a bug in simplify.m where deconstructions were being
> 	propagated into lambda expressions, but the non-locals of the
> 	lambda expressions were not being updated.

That's not a correct description of the bug.
The non-locals were being correctly updated.
The problem was that the uni_modes in the construction
unification of which the lambda expresion is the RHS
were not being updated, but they need to be, since they
depend on the set of nonlocals.

> tests/valid/lambda_struct_bug.m
> 	Regression test.

The documentation here has the same mistake as in the log message.

Apart from that, your change looks fine.

Well, mostly fine.  I'm still a little bit worried that
there may be other places in the compiler which update the
non-locals but not the uni_modes for lambda expression constructions.