next release

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Jul 9 14:25:47 AEST 1997

Hi,

I've been thinking that we should probably make a new public release
(Mercury 0.7) sometime soon, say in about two weeks time.

I have the following list of tasks which I think ought to be
done before the next release:

- fix naming issues with time.m module
- add cgi.m & html.m to extras dir		fjh (almost done)
- add complex_numbers stuff to extras dir	fjh (almost done)
- add mtcltk.m to extras dir			conway
- add opengl.m to extras dir			conway
- make type_name/1, etc.			trd
  (a) handle higher-order types
  (b) module-qualify type names
- document the C interface better		fjh
- improve the C/C++ interface examples		fjh
- rename array as bt_array and uniq_array
  as array
- fix a few bugs on the bug list
- support debian and rpm packages		trd
- clean up the NEWS file			fjh

Any other ideas for things that perhaps ought to be done
before the next release?