[m-dev.] memory profile of the compiler

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Aug 12 21:04:12 AEST 1997

Zoltan Somogyi wrote:

> I have just finished the first full draft of a memory profiler for Mercury.

Actually it should probably be called a "heap profiler" rather than
a memory profiler, since it only profiles heap usage, not stack usage.

It would be good if we could plug these values for
words (or cells) allocated by procedure into the existing
Mercury call-graph profiler.  Doing this should be fairly simple --
just put these figures in the Prof.Calls file, so that we
profile memory allocations rather than SIGPROF timer ticks.