[m-users.] How to declare a set of typeclasses?

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 08:16:40 AEDT 2023

collisions_between2(Check, Shots0, Targets0, Shots, Targets) :-
    Outer = (pred(
        Shot::in,
        !.S::in, !:S::out,
        !.T::in, !:T::out
    ) is det <= (hittable(S), hittable(T)) :-
        Inner = (pred(
            Target::in,
            !.S::in, !:S::out,
            !.T::in, !:T::out
        ) is det <= (hittable(S), hittable(T)) :-
            ( if did_collide(Check, Shot, Target)
            then
                set_hit(Shot, Shot1),
                set_hit(Target, Target1),
                set.insert_new(Shot1, !S),
                set.insert_new(Target1, !T)
            else
                set.insert_new(Shot, !S),
                set.insert_new(Target, !T)
            )
        ),
        list.foldl2(Inner, Targets0, !S, !T)
    ),
    list.foldl2(
        Outer, Shots0,
        set.init:set(S), ShotsX,
        set.init:set(T), TargetsX
    ),
    trace [io(!IO)] (
        io.format("COLL2: Shots: %i\n", [i(list.length(Shots))], !IO),
        io.format("COLL2: Targs: %i\n", [i(list.length(Targets))], !IO)
    ).

Errors:

level_ufo.m:809: Error: the clause head part of a lambda expression should have
level_ufo.m:809:   one of the following forms: `pred(<args>) is <determinism>'
level_ufo.m:809:   `any_pred(<args>) is <determinism>'
level_ufo.m:809:   `func(<args>) = <retarg> is <determinism>'
level_ufo.m:809:   `any_func(<args>) = <retarg> is <determinism>'
level_ufo.m:809:   `func(<args>) = <retarg>'
level_ufo.m:809:   `any_func(<args>) = <retarg>',
level_ufo.m:809:   or one of those forms preceded by either `semipure' or
level_ufo.m:809:   `impure'.

It doesn't seem like it is acceptable on a lambda expression, so will I have to break this code out into discrete predicates?