[m-users.] Cartesian product of two sets of things.

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 21:54:45 AEDT 2023

I know I did but that's me being me!
So far, Mercury has only impressed me with how pleasant writing a game can be.

I was reading the source code for the array module, trying to get some ideas on how I might implement a module that could allocate a fixed block of memory for N slots of a du type and then provide an interface to it so I can walk that block using just pointer arithmetic, and then, given a pointer, which would be declared as a mercury type too, provide some update methods to either write a single field or, given a fully populated du instance, copy all the fields in one go.

From what I've seen I think it wouldn't be that hard, it would bevery interesting for me to do and I'd learn a lot.

In the future I'd like to try using Mercury as the means to write code for the Godot game engine system too:
https://godotengine.org/article/introducing-gd-extensions/

As usual, day jobs and other stuff are time bandits.