[m-users.] Legalese in ODBC library

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sat Dec 23 23:29:21 AEDT 2023

Hi!

I'm done with writing the first version of a thread-safe ODBC library, which
is derived from the "extra" ODBC library.

Now, there's this at the top:

%---------------------------------------------------------------------------
%
% Copyright (C) 1997 Mission Critical.
% Copyright (C) 1997-2000, 2002, 2004-2006, 2010 The University of
Melbourne.
% Copyright (C) 2017-2018, 2020, 2023 The Mercury team.
% This file is distributed under the terms specified in COPYING.LIB.
%---------------------------------------------------------------------------
%
%
% File: odbc.m.
% Authors: Renaud Paquay (rpa at miscrit.be), stayl.
% ODBC version: 2.0.

How should this part be adjusted, such that both the Mercury Team and I are
credited? Can I add another "Copyright" line? I'm not a lawyer... I don't
want to claim more of the credit than I'm entitled to.

But about half of the code is mine, and the rest is adjusted code from the
"extra" ODBC library.

Cheers,
Volker