[m-users.] How to uninstall a library?

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sun Jan 16 04:48:42 AEDT 2022

Hi

My ODBC-library problem really seems to be a name clash. I've tried not to
use the installed ODBC library, but include the "odbc.m" file directly in my
project.

However, I need to specify the UnixODBC library to mmc. This is how:

desktop ~ $ pkg-config --libs odbc
-lodbc

Here, "odbc" is the name of the UnixODBC library. But Mercury uses the same
name for its own ODBC (extra) library. So when I specify "-lodbc", it looks
very much like the wrong one gets selected.

How can I uninstall it? Can I simply remove all the files containing "odbc"
from /usr/local/lib/mercury-20.06.1/lib ?

desktop /usr/local/lib/mercury-20.06.1 $ find -name '*odbc*'
./lib/mercury/lib/asm_fast.gc.debug.stseg/libodbc.so
./lib/mercury/lib/asm_fast.gc.debug.stseg/libodbc.a
./lib/mercury/lib/asm_fast.gc.tr/libodbc.so
./lib/mercury/lib/asm_fast.gc.tr/libodbc.a
./lib/mercury/lib/asm_fast.gc.profdeep.stseg/libodbc.so

Bye, Volker