[m-dev.] mercury-srcdist-rotd-2023-11-08 problem

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Fri Nov 10 23:04:22 AEDT 2023

On 2023-11-10 22:42 +11:00 AEDT, "Julien Fischer" <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
>  The only
> explanation I can think of is that we build the source distribution
> at -j8, which presumably includes the dependency step in the grade_lib
> directory.  There are three targets in that directory; possibly there's
> some conflict between them?

There is a minor annoyance that may or may not be related.
When I want to rebuild a workspace in a different grade,
I usually do

vim Mmake.params
mmake realclean
./prepare.sh
./configure
mmake

Obviously, this should always work. But once in a blue moon, the last step
will fail,with the symptom being a grade incompatibility in the grade_lib
directory, indicating that "mmake realclean" didn't delete something
it should have. However, doing "mmake realclean" in the grade_lib
directory has always fixed that problem", which is strange, because
the initial realclean in the top directory should have executed the
same actions.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

Zoltan.